ARAMID: TIRE APPLICATIONS
Since the introduction of cotton cords in tires, reinforcing materials have played a major role in tire technology advancement. Today specialty fibers with specific material properties are used to engineer tire products. The desired fiber properties for radial tire carcass, radial tire belt, and bias carcass tire are discussed. The application of the most recent tire fiber, aramid, and the resultant tire performance is presented.
- This paper was presented at the Automobile Engineering Meeting of the Society of Automotive Engineers Conference held in Dearborn, Michigan, October 18-22, 1976.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Callahan, D M
- CAUSA, A G
- Gingo, J M
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Cotton; Fibers; Manual safety belts; Polymers; Radial ply tires; Reinforcement (Engineering); Tires
- Old TRIS Terms: Belts; Radial tires
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00149005
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760734
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM