ANALYSIS OF ON-ROAD ELECTRIC VEHICLE EXPERIENCE OF 62 U.S. UTILITIES
A program was initiated by the Electric Vehicle Council (EVC) to develop a battery-powered van for use in short-range, multi-stop work missions by electric power companies. One hundred seven of these vehicles were produced in 1974 and sold to 62 power companies throughout the United States and Canada. An on-going study of performance and other parameters has been conducted by EVC, with the cooperation of the users. The program and the resulting vehicle are described as well as the results of the data gathering and evaluation program which has been conducted by the Council.
- This paper was presented at the Automotive Engineering Congress and Exposition, February 23-27, 1976, Detroit, Michigan.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Campbell, E A
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric batteries; Electric vehicles; Evaluation; Public utilities; Vehicle performance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Utilities
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00149004
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 760074
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM