A STUDY OF TRENDS IN ALCOHOL/SAFETY PUBLIC INFORMATION CAMPAIGNS, 1970-1975
A structured content analysis of major alcohol/safety public information campaign materials was conducted. Television and radio spots, print ads and pamphlets from 30 governmental, private, industrial and voluntary campaigns conducted between 1970 and 1975, were analyzed. Trends in theme, message and audience characteristics were identified and discussed in light of current directions of the field.
- Sponsored by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
- Douglass, R L
- Wadleigh, P M
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholism; Information dissemination; Information retrieval; Public policy; Radio; Television
- Uncontrolled Terms: Content analysis; Public interest
- Old TRIS Terms: Media
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Policy; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00148997
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-76-27 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NHTSA-6-5571
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM