THE DEVELOPMENT HISTORY OF THE SPACE SAVER SPARE
The historical development of the B.F. Goodrich Space Saver tire is reviewed. The foldable tire concept was originated for aircraft applications and then later expanded for an emergency spare in the automotive industry. This paper includes a review of tire construction, molding techniques, safety valves, and the Consumer Education Program. /HSRI/
- This paper was presented at the Automobile Engineering Meeting of the Society of Automotive Engineers, October 18-22, 1976, Dearborn, Michigan.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Molick, S A
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Construction; Education; Emergencies; Forming; Safety; Spare parts; Tires
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Construction; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00148971
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760740
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM