CHEMICAL DATA GUIDE FOR BULK SHIPMENT BY WATER
Although the transportation hazards of common petroleum products are generally well understood, new commodities often have unusual fire and explosion properties such as wide flammable range, low ignition temperature and foam incompatibility in addition to other hazards such as toxicity and dangerous reactivity. This manual provides a convenient reference guide listing properties and emergency procedures for bulk liquid cargoes. The manual contains 279 entries. It also contains information on the National Response Center, a brief description of the Chemical Hazards Response Information System and the Complete Navigation and Vessel Inspection Circular No. 4-75. NVC No. 4-75 provides a thorough discussion of the compatibility of chemicals.
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 314 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Chemicals; Classification; Hazardous chemicals; Information systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Chemical cargo; Chemical hazards information systems; Hazardous chemicals classification; Hazardous materials information center
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00148961
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Coast Guard
- Report/Paper Numbers: CG-388
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM