EVASIVE AND EMERGENCY CURRICULUM FOR DRIVER EDUCATION
This publication provides high school driver education instructors with a curriculum guide which presents desirable instructional activities in a sequential order. The course of instruction is dividied into thirteen instructional units. Unit 1 is concerned with vehicle inspection, while Unit 2 covers pre-driving habits. The next 8 units (serpentine, off-set, off-road recovery, left right evasive maneuvers, controlled braking, skid control, blow-out recovery, left-right evasive on a wet surface relate to various exercise maneuvers. Emergencies involving failure of the vehicle's equipment are dealt with in Unit 11. The information (Unit 12) and range modifications (Unit 13) are also covered.
- Sponsored by the Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Southern Illinois University, CarbondaleCarbondale, IL USA 62901
- Aaron, J E
- Sund, K R
- Brandon, J
- Eaton, H
- Ritzel, D O
- Lindauer, L
- Publication Date: 1976-6-30
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 192 p.
- TRT Terms: Curricula; Driver training; Driving instructors; Emergencies; Inspection; Maneuverability; Motor vehicles; Tires; Vehicles
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00148932
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Project No. 06-05-02
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 13 1977 12:00AM