INDISPENSABLE COMPONENTS OF A PRACTICAL COLLISION - FREE SYSTEM: PART II THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME
The author delivered a paper with this title at the 1972 Assembly in which he outlined, on theoretical grounds, seven components indispensable to such a system. In the past four years much has happened, a good deal of it at the prompting or as a result of the efforts of RTCM's SC-65. Final specifications have been developed at this date for radar, bridge-to-bridge, transponder and collision avoidance system, respectively the second, third, fourth and fifth of the "Indispensable Components." A rundown on where we stand on all these matters is attempted. SC-65 is continuing to press for final papers on Reliability and Training, respectively the sixth and seventh of the "Indispensable Components." An updating of these subjects, too, is attempted. It is hoped that up-to-date and adequate Rules of the Road (the first "Indispensable Component") presently being developed in other forums will soon be available.
- This paper is part of a Bound Set of Five Volumes - Price - $20.00. RTCM Assembly meeting April 26-27-28, 1976, San Diego, California.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine ServicesWashington, DC United States
- Hurwitz, I
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges (Ships); Communication; Communication systems; Crash avoidance systems; Radio
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge to bridge communications
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00148854
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM