ACTIVITIES REPORT - I.O.N. RADIONAVIGATION COMMITTEE: INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGES AND WARC 1979
In January 1976, a special committee of the Institute of Navigation (ION) was formed in Washington, D.C. at the urging of Mr. Vernon Weithe, a long-standing member of ION. This paper discusses this ION Radionavigation Committee which has grown out of the recommendations developed at the 1974 Loran-C Workshop held in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. The ION Radionavigation Committee conducts informal meetings monthly in Washington. National and international radionavigation issues are addressed by the membership which is composed of government and industry leaders involved in all radionavigation systems worldwide, not just Loran-C. Meetings to date have covered the Committee's organization and current radionavigation issues that affect the forthcoming World Administrative Radio Conference (WARC) 1979.
- This paper is part of a Bound Set of five Volumes - Price $20.00. RTCM Assembly Meeting April 26-27-28, 1976, San Diego, California.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine ServicesWashington, DC United States
- Culbertson, J F
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Loran C; Radio navigation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00148850
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM