SHIPREPAIRING RESOURCES MANAGEMENT SYSTEM - S.R.M.S.
An important problem in the Author's company (Lisnave) is the maintenance of a balance between the loads and resources in its shiprepair work. The resources must be known in terms of the "bottlenecks", these are the docks and quays and certain trades (mechanical fitters, pipe fitters, welders, and platers). Information on the available resources is handled by the company's Shiprepairing Resources Management System, which provides the management with the necessary information for taking decisions on the conditions under which an order for repair work can be accepted. The S.R.M.S., a real-time data-processing system with CRT display, is described, with examples of the various displays. Input is via the screen, four files are used (orders, loads, manpower, and logistics), and processing can be either by teleprocessing or in batch mode. A Sales Information System is being developed to complement the S.R.M.S.
- Preprints of International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design (ICCAS), Gothenburg, June, 1976.
North-Holland Publishing Company52 Vanderbilt Avenue
New York, NY USA 10017
- Napoles, R S
- Nunes, J V
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Information systems; Management; Repairing; Ships; Shipyards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship repair
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipyard information systems; Shipyard management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00148844
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM