NEUROLOGIC DISORDERS, CARDIOVASCULAR DIESEASE AND MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATION. VOLUME 2. APPENDICES
Driver medical standards and procedures of the Greyhound Bus Lines and the Bureau of Motor Carrier Safety are given, as well as driver licensing guidelines for medical advisory boards, relating functional ability to class of vehicle, for the Public Health Service. Topics dealt with include: blood pressure, heart, cardiovascular function, cardiac pacemakers, hypertensive vascular disease, vascular disease affecting the extremities, and vascular aneurysms. Also provided ar univariate frequency analyses of selected variables in the North Carolina driver medical file for drivers with cardiovascular and neurological diseases. /Author/
- Sponsored by North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles and by North Carolina Office of the Governor's Highway Safety Coordinator.
Duke UniversityNational Driving Center
Durham, NC USA 27706
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 235 p.
- TRT Terms: Blood pressure; Cardiovascular system; Driver licenses; Heart; Neurology; Public health; Standards; Vehicle classification
- Uncontrolled Terms: Medical advisory boards
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00148757
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM