Consideration of buses is as inevitable in any discussion of public transportation as consideration of automobiles in any discussion of overall mobility. Provision of bus transit, as a part of the functional hierarchy of transportation services, is addressed in terms of deployment strategy and bus technology lessons which have affected and will continue to affect bus transit programs in Santa Clara County. Traditional transit techniques need reevaluation in the light of enlarged and synergistic public service goals now impinging on transit activities. Bus transit services alone are probably not satisfactory to respond to overall mobility goals of large urban communities. /Author/
- This paper was presented at the West Coast Meeting, August 9-12, 1976.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Pott, J T
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Mobility; Public transit; Technology; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Strategy
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00148731
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760623, HS-020 766
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM