PRINCIPLES FOR DEVELOPMENT OF AUTOMATED CONTROL SYSTEMS FOR URBAN TRANSPORTATION AND THE METHODS USED
PRINTSIPY SOZDANIIA AVTOMATIZIROVANNYKH SISTEM UPRAVLENIIA DVIZHENIEM GORODSKOGO OBSHESTVENNOGO TRANSPORTA I KHARAKTERISTICA ISPOL'ZUEMYKH TEKHNICHESKIKH SREDSTV
The main goal of controlling urban passenger transportation is satisfying travel needs while utilizing resources with maximum efficiency. Three stages of automated control are evolutionary. Initially dispatcher communications is followed by information display and then the stage which has been achieved: Automated systems of traffic control for individual types of urban transport. The ASSDY-A automated system of control for buses and the ASDY-3 for electrified city transport, streetcars and trolleybuses, can be developed into the ASDY-MT automated system of dispatcher control for routed transport. A separate system for control of taxis also exists. At present the automated system of dispatcher control is being implements in various USSR cities.
- Complete translation is available for reference. Contact Technology Planning Office, Office of Research and Development, Federal Railroad Administration, U.S. DOT.
USSR Ministry of Housebuilding & Communal EconomyMoscow, USSR
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Bus transit; Dispatching; Public transit; Routing; Scheduling; Streetcars
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus services
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00148717
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 23 1981 12:00AM