APPROXIMATE METHOD OF CALCULATING THE DRYING OUT PROCESS IN SURFACECOATED CONCRETE SLABS ON THE GROUND
In the present report, the Author Advances a method which renders possible a relatively simple calculation of the drying process in concrete slabs under different external boundary conditions, e.g. different surface treatments, different ambient climates, etc. In particular, the purpose of this report is to make it possible to calculate those moisture distributions which will be produced under different surface coatings applied to concrete slabs that are supported on the ground. The rate of moisture transfer is therefore determined by the moisture diffusivity of the concrete, which is a function of the relative humidity (RH) of the concrete. There exist two alternative possibilities of variation in the moisture diffusivity. The method proposed in the present report is compared with the "usual method of calculation", which is based on a solution of the differenctial equation (5.1). The results obtained by using these two methods are closely in agreement.
Cement and Concrete Research InstituteDrottning Kristinas Vaeg 26
Stockholm 70, Sweden
- Fagerlund, G
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Boundary value problems; Concrete; Differential equations; Diffusivity; Drying; Moisture content; Motion; Slab on grade; Surface treating
- Uncontrolled Terms: Boundary conditions; Moisture movement
- Old TRIS Terms: Slab on ground construction
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00148680
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM