JENS AND PLOPP--COMPUTER-AIDED PLANNING SYSTEMS FOR STEEL PREPARATION AND ASSEMBLY AREAS
The Author (of the Ship Research Institute of Norway) presents a computer system for planning the production of hull sections. It consists of two programs: JENS, which is used for assembly areas, and PLOPP, which is used for steel-preparation shops. The more usual systems, including network techniques, used in production planning are not adequate for the efficient utilization of facilities in this part of the shipbuilding process, and these two programs, though part of the overall planning of production, have been specially developed to meet this need. They may be used for long or short term planning. The programs are described, with examples of their application.
- Preprints of International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design (ICCAS), Gothenburg, June 1976.
North-Holland Publishing Company52 Vanderbilt Avenue
New York, NY USA 10017
- Engervik, K T
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Computers; Planning; Production; Production control; Shipbuilding; Shipyards
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer programs (Shipbuilding)
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00148639
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 23 1977 12:00AM