FREIGHT PIPELINE TECHNOLOGY-ENERGY REQUIREMENT CALCULATIONS
This paper discusses, in a condensed form, the state-of-the- art of the design of various long distance freight pipelines, such as slurry pipeline, pneumatic pipeline, hydro-capsule pipeline, and pneumo-capsule pipeline. The word "design: is used in a restricted sense and implies only the calculation of energy requirements to sustain the transport. This information is needed for the selection of the pipe diameter and the sizing of the pump. It is expected that the information given in this paper will be sufficient to permit a preliminary design of a horizontally laid line.
- Prepared for ASME Meeting Sept 19-24, 1976.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Zandi, I
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Capsule pipelines; Energy consumption; Pipelines; Pumps; Slurry; Slurry pipelines; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline power requirements; Slurry pumps; Slurry transportation
- Subject Areas: Energy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00148555
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pap N76-Pet-78
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM