SLURRY PIPELINE DESIGN AND OPERATION PITFALLS TO AVOID
This paper discusses the importance of good design as well as good operating practices to the success of slurry pipelines. Special emphasis is given to the critical areas of corrosion and erosion. A highly detailed table of design/operation factors and associated actions to be taken by the engineer and/or operator is included.
- Prepared for ASME Meeting. Sept 19-24, 1976.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Thompson, T L
- Aude, T C
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Corrosion; Pipe flow; Pipelines; Slurry pipelines; Structural design; Wear
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline design; Pipeline flow theory
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00148554
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pap N76-Pet-12
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 15 1977 12:00AM