REDUCTION GEAR DEVELOPMENTS FOR STEAM TURBINES
The world leader in steam turbine reduction gears, Stal Laval of Sweden, cites the tremendous growth of turbines used aboard tankers and containerships in the last 10 years. Fuel consumption has gone down with increased temperatures. Discussed are different types of reduction gears; AP (utilizing epicyclic primary gears) and locked train gearing are compared. The article points out some of the potentials of epicyclic gears.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
Benn Brothers Marine Publications LimitedLyon Tower, 125 High Street, Colliers Wood
London SW19 2JN, England
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Epicyclic gears; Fuel consumption; Propulsion; Reduction gears; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Tanker propulsion
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00035989
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 20 1973 12:00AM