BRIDGE DESIGN AND RELIABILITY
This report is part of the documentation covering a large ergonomic project on reliability in the man-ship system being carried out by the Swedish Ship Research Foundation. 800 questionnaires were sent out to bridge officers, pilots, architects and other nautical experts to collect their opinions on bridge design. The report contains an analysis of the information gathered via these questionnaires. The two main aims of the questionnaire study were to collect subjective opinions on the design of bridges and navigation equipment from the users and the designers; and to collect information on critical incidents which captains and pilots had been involved in during a certain time period. Results of the study are shown in tabular form.
Swedish Ship Research FoundationFack
40270 Goteborg 8, Sweden
- Ivergard, T
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge design; Bridges; Human factors engineering; Structural design; Watchkeeping
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00148513
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Swedish Ship Research Foundation
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSF 5311
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 23 1977 12:00AM