METHOD PLANNING IN THE FABRICATION OF STEEL HULLS
To obtain a rational fabrication of the steel hull in the production department of a shipyard, it is necessary to carry out method planning at an early stage in the design process. Such method planning may be sub-divided into two stages, Phase I concerned with classification drawings and Phase II concerned with workshop drawings. The paper gives some examples to show how assembly can be facilitated and weight savings made and also discusses the characteristics of a production promoting drawing system.
- International Conference on Structural Design and Fabrication in Shipbuilding, London, November 18-20, 1975.
Welding InstituteAbingdon Hall
Cambridge CB1 6AL, England
- Degenkolw, F
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Hulls; Planning; Production; Production control; Shipbuilding; Shipyards
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull construction
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00148503
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 14
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 23 1977 12:00AM