IMPROVEMENT OF MARINE ADVISORIES AND OPTIMUM TRACK SHIP ROUTINGS. VOL. II OF III
This report covers the work of the SEA USE Marine Services Development Group undertaken to determine potential benefits that might be derived by the shipping community from improved marine forecasts. This volume contains reports on the history of the SEA USE Marine Service Development Group (Annex A); a report on the existing organizations and procedures for reporting environmental monitoring and issuing marine forecasts for the Northeast Pacific Ocean region along with recommendation for improvements in services (Annex B); and a report on the use of tele- communications in reporting environmental monitoring and disseminating marine forecasts and advisories in the Northeast Pacific Ocean region (Annex C). It also contains suggested courses of action for improving medium range surface weather forecasts (Annex D) and a discussion of procedures for forecasting surface winds and related sea and swell (Annex E); as well as procedures for improving the capability for forecasting coastal fog (Annex F).
- This report is contained in three volumes. This is Volume II of III which contains Annexes A through F to the basic report. Preparad by SEA USE Marine Services Development Group.
Sea Use Foundation1101 Seattle Tower
Seattle, WA USA 98101
- Publication Date: 1976-1-31
- Pagination: 275 p.
- TRT Terms: Fog; Meteorology; Reports; Routing; Ships; Weather forecasting; Weather routing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship routing
- Old TRIS Terms: Meteorological reports
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00148498
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-940-76023 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOC 5-37040
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM