CONTRACTING FOR NAVY SHIP REPAIRS AND OVERHAUL-NEED FOR CHANGE
Navy ship repair contracts generally are awarded using formal advertising, sealed bid procedures, even though effective competition is not present and the scope of the work is unknown at the time of the awards. CAO recommends the Navy try, on a test basis, procurement techniques used in competitively negotiated contracts. The Navy agreed to such tests and after evaluation will develop revised guidelines for future contracts.
- Report price $1.00.
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20548
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Contract administration; Maintenance; Repairing; Ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship repair
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship overhaul
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00148495
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: U.S. General Accounting Office
- Report/Paper Numbers: PSAD-77-47
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 23 1977 12:00AM