ON THE APPLICATION OF THE NATURAL MODE TECHNIQUE TO SMALL STRAIN LARGE DISPLACEMENT PROBLEMS
This Volume is devoted to a single paper, presented in two parts. Part I gives an account of the natural mode technique applied to small-strain large-displacement finite-element analysis with particular regard to the calculation of geometrical stiffness. Part II describes and presents some computational applications of a very simple flat triangular displacement element for plates and shells with transverse shear stiffness from weak to infinite.
World Cong on Finite Element Method in Struct MechBournemouth, England
- Argyris, J H
- Dunne, P C
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 130 p.
- TRT Terms: Finite element method; Structural analysis
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00148474
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Vol. III
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 23 1977 12:00AM