AN INTERACTIVE GRAPHIC APPROACH TO SHIP DESIGN
The Authors (of, respectively, CETENA and Italcantieri) discuss some considerations relating to interactive design in general, and to projects under development or planned in this field by the Italcantieri company, under the headings: Introduction; Tendency to the Increase of the Degree of Automation; Interactive Computer Graphics; Features of the Interactive Systems; The Project under Development; Structural Analysis; Nesting. Under these last three headings, information is given on Italcantieri's activities (up to autumn 1975) for the revision of their EDP procedures in the light of past experience and of recent improvements in alphanumerical and graphic terminals and in on-line real-time operating systems. It is not yet possible to draw final conclusions on the firm's revised system, but technical/economic results have been encouraging.
- Preprints of International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design (ICCAS), Gothenburg, June 1976.
North-Holland Publishing Company52 Vanderbilt Avenue
New York, NY USA 10017
- Oliva, L A
- Baccara, G
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computer graphics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interactive graphics
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00148462
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 23 1977 12:00AM