THE HEALTH OF THE OCEANS
Assesses, on the basis of the best available scientific information, the nature and extent of pollution in the marine environment. Describes relationship of oceanic to societal time scales, the dynamics of marine pollution, and the levels and effects of halogenated and petroleum hydrocarbons, radioactive substances, heavy metals, and litter in the world's oceans. Discusses the problems of predicting futures pollution levels, monitoring programs, and strategies for reducing marine pollution.
- Price-$9.25; Postage Paid with prepayment.
United NationsEducation, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 172 p.
- TRT Terms: Monitoring; Oceans; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Waste disposal; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil spill monitoring; Water pollution monitoring; Water pollution prevention
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00148413
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Unipub
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM