BIKEWAYS IN MASSACHUSETTS
This report which describes the state of the art in this field, reviews the bikeways planning process, describes its application, and presents recommendations and conclusions based on experience. The overview of bikeways planning in America includes an informational brochure, "Bikeways: Definitions", which discusses the relative merits of different types of facilities and relates the planning process to physical design. The discussion of the DPW Bikeways Planning Process includes a description of the Synthesis Submodel. The description of the application of the process to a demonstration project also recommends actions for future phases of the work. The last chapter discusses the problems inherent in Massachusetts, recommends actions to mitigate those problems, and suggests a program for future phases of the study. Appendices are included which provide data on land use classification in Massachusetts, bikeway planning publications, and a bikeways inventory.
Massachusetts Department of Public Works100 Nashua Street
Boston, MA USA 02114
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Bikeways; Demonstration projects; Inventory; Land use planning; Mathematical models; Planning; State of the art studies
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00148408
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 30 2003 12:00AM