STATIC STRUCTURAL CALIBRATION OF SHIP RESPONSE INSTRUMENTATION SYSTEM ABOARD THE SEA-LAND MCLEAN (SL-7-7)
This document reports the results of the calibration of the strain gage portion of the ship response instrumentation installed on the SEA-LAND McLean SL-7 class containership. The calibration consisted of a succession of loading conditions achieved by selectively removing container cargo, and was performed on April 9-10, 1973 in Rotterdam. The measured stress changes are compared with calculated predictions, and the results are discussed. In general, the measurements and calculations agree substantially within tolerances assignable to physical conditions.
Naval Ship Engineering Center3700 East-West Highway
Hyattsville, MD United States 20782
- Boentgen, R R
- Wheaton, J W
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Calibration; Containerships; Hulls; Instrumentation; Strain gages; Stresses
- Identifier Terms: Ship Structure Committee
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull instrumentation; Hull stress; Strain gage calibration
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00148277
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC-263 Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00024-75-C-4354
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM