FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR A FACILITY FOR ACCELERATED SERVICE TESTING (FAST)
This report describes recommendations for a proposed Facility for Accelerated Service Testing (FAST) and the rationale for the recommendations. It includes a list of proposed initial test series for railroad track research and railroad mechanical equipment research to be conducted by rapid accumulation of traffic operating continuously on proposed test track loops. The proposed FAST consists of three closed track loops, providing a curvature range up to 10 degrees and a maximum speed capability up to 80 mph. In addition, a Mechanical Loop option is described.
- Record URL:
- Research was sponsored by the Federal Railroad Administration, DOT.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Punwani, S K
- Lundgren, J R
- Martin, G C
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 247 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Freight cars; Railroad tracks; Service life; Test tracks; Traffic density; Train track dynamics; Wear
- Identifier Terms: Transportation Technology Center
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Fast facility; Freight car component performance; Track response investigations; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00148271
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/OR&D-76-139 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-30038
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 2000 12:00AM