CARGO RESTRAINT CRITERIA FOR RAIL TRANSPORTATION
The paper discusses criteria for cargo restraint and cargo tiedown for the forces resulting from the rail transportation environment. Methods for calculating the restraint forces for a broad range of cargo railcar combinations are covered. Use of these methods will improve accuracy of restraint criteria, and in turn, will improve reliability of cargo restraints and reduce costs consequent to restraint over design.
- Presented at the 4th Annual Intersociety Conference on Transportation, Los Angeles, California, July 18-23, 1976. see also RRIS 26 148247.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Kennedy, R
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Freight transportation; Loading and unloading; Loss and damage; Occupant protection devices; Tiedowns; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Damage analysis; Impact protection
- Old TRIS Terms: Lading protection; Loading rules
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00148268
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper GP-5 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM