RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM DESIGN FOR HIGHER PRODUCTIVITY
The paper discusses ways to increase labor productivity and reduce labor costs. Centralized computer aided monitoring and control systems for trains, passengers, fare collection, electrification equipment, auxiliary equipment, security, yards, maintenance and management information should be provided. Also capability of running trains without operators and operating stations without agents are important. Some of the systems to improve productivity used on the Sao Paulo, Brazil metro or planned are also described.
- Presented at the 4th Annual Intersociety Conference on Transportation, Los Angeles, California, July 18-23, 1976, see also RRIS 26 148247.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Kalra, P S
- Nakagawa, T
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic train operation; Control systems; Labor productivity; Management information systems; Productivity; Rapid transit
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00148261
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper D&O-24 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1981 12:00AM