DEVELOPMENT OF DESIGN LOADS CRITERIA FOR HIGH SPEED RAILCAR TRUCKS
A brief summary of static and fatigue test results is given. Mention is made of the strain gage instrumentation and calibration of the truck and components for load measurement during running tests. The running tests load results are presented in maximum value, parametric, and spectra forms. The measured results are then compared to the original loads criteria for determination of adequacy of the prototype truck strength. Finally, a revised loads criteria is provided should a production truck be designed.
- Presented at the 4th Annual Intersociety Conference on Transportation, Los Angeles, California, July 18-23, 1976, see also RRIS 26 148247.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Sandlin, N H
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Fatigue tests; High speed rail; Instrumentation; Passenger cars; Strain gages; Testing; Trucks; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00148254
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper D&O-32 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM