This comprehensive updating of the "Tri-State Transportation 1985: an interim plan" published in 1966, incorporates some preliminary results of intercity rail freight and passenger planning. The plan is the result of a unified work program dealing with the technical elements of transportation planning and supplemented by a transportation improvement program. The development of the plan and its elements is illustrated by tabulatios, and the degree of attainment of the planning objectives is measured by certain criteria shown in the tables. The plan prescribes particular levels of achievement by specific taget dates. The current status of the regional transportation components is described, and priority and future projects which achieve the desired objectives are listed. The capital investments are listed, and the operation and maintenance costs are summarized. The combined highway and transit plan yields financial requirements that are compared with available resources.
- Second printing in black and white only, March, 1976.
Tri-State Regional Planning Commission100 Church Street
New York, NY USA 10007
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Investments; Maintenance management; Operating costs; Railroad transportation; Regional transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Maintenance costs
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00148221
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 15 1981 12:00AM