REPORT OF THE SYMPOSIUM ON PREVENTION OF MARINE POLLUTION FROM SHIPS
Papers on marine pollution from ships are summarized. General subjects covered are review of the 1973 convention; national and regional arrangements; construction, equipment, and operation of chemical tankers; segregated ballast tankers; oily water separators and oil monitoring and control equipment; operation of oil tankers; reception facilities in ports; sewage and garbage from ships; contingency planning; measures for control, detection, and data collection; and methods for dealing with spills.
Inter-governmental Maritime Consultative Org101-104 Piccadilly
London W1V 0AE, England
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Ships); Oil spill cleanup; Pollution control; Tankers; Water quality management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Oil separators
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil content monitors; Oil spill contingency plans; Oil spill control; Segregated ballast tankers; Tanker pollution prevention; Water pollution prevention
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00148182
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Pollution Abstracts
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM