TUNNELING: THE STATE OF THE INDUSTRY
Tunneling is examined as an industry. The demand for its services, the makeup of the industry, some history and its problems and prospects, are analyzed. Industry participants are listed: owners, engineer firms, tunnel builders and specialized suppliers. How business is obtained, an estimate prepared, and a project conducted are described. Decision making and risk management with private, public and multi-industry tunnel building firms, is described and analyzed. Manpower, technology and research and development needs are reviewed. The report covers transport, water and sewer tunnels, with emphasis on rapid transit.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/OS652R6507
- Sponsored by and under contract to Department of Transportation
Cresheim Company, Incorporated1408 East Mermaid Lane
Philadelphia, PA USA 19118
- Mayo, R S
- Barrett, J E
- Jenny, R J
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 282 p.
- TRT Terms: Decision making; Deployment; Development; Industries; Research; Technology; Tunneling
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Bridges and other structures; Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Research;
- Accession Number: 00148143
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: OS652/R6507
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-76-29 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1091
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM