VALUE ENGINEERING AS APPLIED TO POTHOLE PATCHING
The Value Engineering (VE) Job Plan/ Phase Objective is outlined, and a FAST diagram is shown which aids in the indentification and visualization of high cost functions. This study identified the functions: locate rough areas; repair rough areas; provide safety. These functions were outlined and given to maintenance personnel for speculating alternate ways to perform the functions. The results of VE application to Penn DOT problems are briefly summarized. The most effective materials, equipment and methods are noted. Future equipment purchases initiated by the study are also indicated. The production performance reports are being used to identify those foremen who do the most pothole patching.
Washington, DC USA 20001
- O'Brien, L G
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Bituminous materials; Maintenance equipment; Patching; Pavement maintenance; Potholes (Pavements)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00148110
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM