The report highlights the reasons for bridge inspection, defines its objectives and scope, and reviews the organizational and administrative aspects. The elements of bridge documentation are identified and operational procedures of documentation systems are noted. Means of access are reviewed and include built-in means, means of access of restricted mobility, mobile inspection equipment, means of access under water, visual aids, and special equipment. The discussion of assessment techniques and equipment covers visual assessment using standard inspection tools, means for assessing global behavior under load, and other techniques and equipment. Recommendations are made regarding each of the foregoing aspects, and areas for future research are indicated.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)2, rue André Pascal
Paris, France 75775 Paris Cedex 16
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 133 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Documents; Inspection; Maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Documentation
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Data and Information Technology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00148082
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM