A COMPARISON OF ROAD TRAFFIC CONTROLLERS USING SIMULATION TECHNIQUES
This project compares four types of controller in use in Australia and gives guides as to the settings which are likely to result in the most efficient operation. It was found that the control logic of a number of currently used signal controllers has been accurately simulated. Within the range of the traffic flow assumptions, a significant conclusion is that the values of the control parameters of each type of controller can be selected to provide an optimum mean system delay which is the same for each controller when used in an isolated intersection. /TRRL/
ARRB Group Limited500 Burwood Highway
Vermont South, Victoria 3133
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Area traffic signal control; Intersections; Simulation; Traffic control; Traffic control devices; Traffic flow; Traffic signal control systems; Traffic signal controllers; Traffic signal cycle; Traffic signals
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- ITRD Terms: 669: Area traffic control; 8006: Australia; 576: Cycle (traffic signals); 455: Junction; 597: Linked signals; 9103: Simulation; 654: Traffic control; 565: Traffic signal
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00147995
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ARR Report No. 10 Monog Ser.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM