TECHNICAL, OPERATIONAL, AND ECONOMIC REPORT OF THE N.S. SAVANNAH THIRD YEAR OF EXPERIMENTAL COMMERCIAL OPERATION, AUGUST 1967-AUGUST 1968
The third year of experimental commercial operation of the Nuclear Ship ( N.S. ) SAVANNAH began on August 19, 1967. Initially designed as a vehicle to demonstrate one of the peaceful uses of the atom, and as a test bed for the application of nuclear power for merchant vessel propulsion, the SAVANNAH is now being operated commercially as a dry cargo ship in regular service. At the same time, additional performance information is being gathered for use in assessing future nuclear ship potential. The report describes the results of the third year of operation which ended on August 19, 1968, including five successful voyages.
- See also PB-178167.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Crook, D L
- Patterson, C P
- Publication Date: 1968
- Pagination: 92 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo ships; Dry bulk carriers; Economic analysis; Nuclear power; Nuclear powered ships
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00001655
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 30 1973 12:00AM