INDICATORS FOR FORECASTING SHIP ICING
METODICHESKIE UKAZANIIA PO PREDUPREZHDENIIU UGROZY OBLEDENENIIA SUDOV
The USSR Hydrometeorological Center has twice published "Tentative Instructions on Warning of a Possible Icing of Ships" (in 1967 and 1969) and each time, the instructions were subjected to verification under the conditions of the actual operation of the forecasting agencies of our service. In all for the four cold seasons, the USSR Hydrometeorological Center received more than 3,000 questionnaires concerning the icing of ships. The Hydrometeorological Service also collected and collated the observational data concerning the icing of ships. On the basis of the data indicated above, the third "Procedural Instructions was published. By comparison with the previous publications of "Tentative Instructions", this version has been considerably revised and supplemented. The section on estimating the wave action which was included in this second publication has now been eliminated since in the recommendations given on the estimation and prediction of icing, wave action has been disregarded.
- Trans. of Glavnoye upravleniue gidrometeorologicheskoy sluzh-by pri sovete ministrov SSSR 981 p 1972.
Hanover, NH United States 03755-1290
- Borisenkov, Ye P
- Pchelko, I G
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Ice; Ice formations; Icing; Ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Icing processes; Ship icing
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00147889
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CRREL-TL-481
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM