REGIONAL OIL AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS POLLUTION CONTINGENCY PLAN, REGION FIVE (INLAND)
This plan (including the annexes) represents an agreement among concerned Departments and agencies of the Federal Government for a pattern of coordinated and integrated Federal response to pollutional discharges of oil or other hazardous materials. The objectives of this plan are: (1) to develop appropriate preventive and preparedness measures and effective systems for discovering and reporting the existence of a pollution spill; (2) to institute promptly measures to restrict the further spread of the pollutant; (3) to assure that the public health and welfare are provided adequate protection; (4) to apply techniques to cleanup and dispose of the collected pollutants; (5) to institute actions to recover cleanup costs; and (6) to effect enforcement of existing Federal statutes. Detailed guidance toward the accomplishment of these objectives is contained in the basic plan and in the annexes.
- See also report PB-237540.
Environmental Protection AgencyRegion V Regional Office, 230 North Dearborn
Chicago, IL United States 60601
- Publication Date: 1972-2
- Pagination: 148 p.
- TRT Terms: Contingency planning; Hazardous materials; Oil spills; Pollution; Prevention; Transportation; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous materials transportation; Oil spill behavior; Oil spill prevention; Pollution contingency plans
- Subject Areas: Environment; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00147886
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM