LX SYNTHESIS MODEL HULLFORM DEVELOPMENT-NORMALIZED BONJEAN CURVES
The sectional area data of the related hullforms were captured in digital form and processed via an active graphics computer program which displayed the sectional area data and facilitated fitting of least-square polynomial bonjean curves for each offset station. The sectional area data and the derived bonjean curves were transformed to originate at the load waterline and were normalized on the design draft, to promote their use in assessing time and ballast requirements in a synthesis model computer program for wet well-type landing ships.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterComputation, Mathematics, Logistics Department
Bethesda, MD United States 20084
- Stephans, O
- THOMSON, B
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Curve fitting; Hulls
- Old TRIS Terms: Bonjean curves; Curve fitting methods; Hull configurations; Hull lines
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00147885
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CMD-12-76 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM