PASSENGER TRANSPORT: SHORT AND MEDIUM TERM CONSIDERATIONS
High proportion of passenger traffic moves by road. Traffic by road has been increasing in both volume and as a proportion of the total, and current forecasts envisage that these trends will continue, unless reversed as a result of action by central or local government authorities. This paper is in essence a survey of passenger traffics, their energy usage (illustrated by statistics some of which have not hitherto been generally available) and the bearing of these upon transport and energy policies.
United Kingdom Department of Energy10 South Millbank
London SW1, England
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Energy consumption; Passenger transportation; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy intensiveness; National transportation policies
- Subject Areas: Energy; Passenger Transportation; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00147828
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 10
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM