EFFECT OF VARIOUS CONCENTRATIONS OF WSR-301 POLYETHYLENE OXIDE IN WATER UPON THE CAVITATION PERFORMANCE OF 1/4-INCH AND 2-INCH HEMISPHERICAL NOSED BODIES
In this investigation the effect of various concentrations of WSR-301 polyethylene oxide in water upon the cavitation performance of a 1/4-inch and a 2/inch hemispherical nosed bodies was measured. The data was acquired at a velocity of 40 fps for the 1/4-inch model and at a velocity of 60 fps for the 2-inch model. Polyox concentrations of 0 and 20 ppm were run during the tests of the 2-inch model. This program was conducted in a 12-inch continuous circuit water tunnel. The results are compared with those of previous investigators.
Pennsylvania State University, University ParkApplied Research Laboratory
University Park, PA USA 16802
- BAKER, C B
- Amdt, REA
- Holl, J W
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Additives; Bodies of revolution; Cavitation (Mechanics); Drag; Polymers
- Old TRIS Terms: Drag reduction; Polymer additives
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00147782
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TM-73-257 Tech Memo.
- Contract Numbers: N00017-73-C-1418
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM