STUDY OF ARTICULATED CONCRETE REVETMENT MATTRESS: TEST AND ANALYSIS--RESULTS OF FY 1975 PROGRAM
This report presents results of the fiscal year 1975 (FY 75) portion of a program to determine the magnitude and distribution of forces developed during launching of articulated concrete mattresses on the banks of the lower Mississippi River and to provide guidance for design changes in the mat structure. The FY 75 work involved monitoring the launching of some of the approximately 10,000 experimental squares cast with two 4000- lbf (17.8 kN) breaking strength longitudinal wires instead of three. Results indicate that the two-longitudinal-wire mat will have adequate strength. Results also confirm conclusions drawn from earlier work in the program (F. Kearney and J. Prendergast, Study of Articulated Concrete Revetment Mattress: Test and Analysis--Results of FY 1974 Program, U.S. Army Construction Engineering Research Laboratory Technical Report M- 94/ADA021774, 1976).
Army Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryP.O. Box 4005
Champaign, IL USA 61820
- Kearney, F
- Prendergast, J
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Joints (Engineering); Mattresses (Foundations); Revetments; Structural analysis; Testing
- Old TRIS Terms: Articulation; Mattresses
- Subject Areas: Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00147721
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CERL-TR-M-194 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: IAO LMMDC-FA-75-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM