EVALUATION OF ACCIDENTS REPORTED ON FRA FORMS UNDER "CAUSE CODE NOT LISTED" CATEGORIES
During the first part of 1975, 603 accidents were reported to the Federal Railroad Administration, FRA, on Form F6180-54 under the headings of "Cause Code Not Listed." The main objective of this study is to determine the nature of the causes to see if additional specific cause codes should be added to the FRA System. By adding eleven new codes (five from the Southern Railway), and reclassifying, two thirds of the accidents can be remvoed from the Miscellaneous Category.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Hawthorne, K L
- Popjoy, M A
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Crash causes; Crash investigation; Failure; Human factors; Rail (Railroads); Rocking; Rolling; Safety; Snow; Wind
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Rail failure; Rock and roll
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00147714
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-222 Res. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM