STUDY ON BEER CAN DAMAGE--STRENGTH AND DIMENSIONAL CHARACTERISTICS OF ALUMINUM, TIN PLATE AND TIN FREE STEEL CANS
The work covered in this report on beer can damage relates to the AAR Research and Test Department program on Lading Damage Research. This report contains the results of tests on aluminum, tin plate and tin free steel beer cans. Sample cans of four different breweries and, where applicable, from different locations of manufacture for a specific brewery, were included in the program. The work consisted of dimensional checks, compression loading in three different configurations and tensile and hardness tests on the can material.
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Guins, S G
- Olson, L L
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum; Crashworthiness; Freight service; Loss and damage; Packaging; Physical distribution; Steel; Testing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Damage analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Impact vulnerability; Lading damage
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00147709
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-230 Res. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM