FREIGHT CAR TRUCK ROAD SERVICE TESTS--SERIES A, B & C
Review of several U.S. railroad environmental service tests for freight car truck information. Three series of road service tests develop instrumentation practices and program to obtain reliable, complete magnetic tape recorded information as to forces and/or strains on car truck components. "A" test primarily for development of instrumentation; also gaining information on 70 ton car trucks. "B" and "C" test series obtain variety of information on 100 ton hopper car truck in severe service. Recounts conditions and areas of test, analysis of data to be separate report.
- See AAR Report R-246, Analysis of Environmental Truck Component Load and Bolster Fatigue Test Data, RRIS 03 147706. This report is part of the RPI-AAR Railroad Truck Safety Research and Test Project.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- EVANS, R A
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Bolsters; Dynamics; Fatigue strength; Fatigue tests; Freight cars; Performance based specifications; Testing; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance specifications
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car component performance; Truck and bolster systems; Truck dynamics; Truck safety research and test project
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00147708
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-182 Res. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: RPI/AAR 1972
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM