DYNAMIC SIMULATION OF FREIGHT CAR AND LADING DURING IMPACT
In this report a dynamic analysis is presented to explain damage to railroad cars and lading resulting from impacts. In the analysis, a mathematical model consisting of the car body and freight in the car is presented. Each freight element assumes three degrees of freedom for the computer simulation. A parametric study is made to establish sensitivity of car parameters and impact conditions. The study should be useful to aid in finding means for controlling impact damage and in designing packaging materials.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Kasbekar, P V
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Freight cars; Hump yards; Loss and damage; Mathematical models; Occupant protection devices; Packaging; Switching; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Impact protection
- Old TRIS Terms: Lading protection
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00147705
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-249 Res. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM