LOCOMOTIVE CAB DESIGN DEVELOPMENT. VOLUME 3: DESIGN APPLICATION ANALYSIS
In Volume II of this service of reports on Locomotive Cab Design Development, changes were recommended in the layout and equipment content of locomotive cabs. This report studies the impact of these changes on the interface of the cab with the rest of the locomotive, the required structure, the reliability, the development costs, and the cost of introduction to the operating locomotive fleet. In addition, this report assesses the uses of various techniques of mockup use during the development phases of the design.
- Research sponsored by the DOT, FRA, Office of Research and Development, under contract to the Transportation Systems Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Boeing Vertol CompanySurface Transportation Systems Department, P.O. Box 16858
Philadelphia, PA USA 19142
- Robinson, J
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 82 p.
- TRT Terms: Cabs (Vehicle compartments); Control devices; Crashworthiness; Design; Human factors; Locomotive engineers; Locomotive operation; Locomotives; Prototypes; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive cab crashworthiness; Locomotive cab design; Locomotive controls; Locomotive design; Locomotive engineer's tasks
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00147704
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/OR&D-76/275.3 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM