THE RAIL GAME
The author discusses the imbalance of Canadian transportation with its overemphasis on highways and airways, "and a neglect of railroads, which often operate with old equipment on poor-quality track and use obsolete facilities and operations procedures." Despite extensive documentation, the author does not establish the responsibility of management, labor, government or the public in Canada's continuing railroad problems.
- A review of this publication appeared in Trains, Vol. 37, No. 4, February 1977, p 58.
McClelland and Stewart Limited25 Hollinger Road
Toronto, ONo M4B 3G2, Canada
- LUKASIEWICZ, J
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 302 p.
- TRT Terms: Competition; Labor unions; Management; Policy; Transportation modes; Transportation planning; Transportation policy
- Identifier Terms: Canadian National; Canadian National Railways; Canadian Pacific
- Geographic Terms: Canada; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Management policies; National transportation policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00147690
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM