THE NATIONAL DEFENSE RESERVE FLEET - CAN IT RESPOND TO FUTURE CONTINGENCIES?
This report discusses the National Defense Reserve Fleet's importance in the time of national emergency. It reviews the status of the fleet as part of a continuing effort to evaluate the adequacy of U.S. sealift transportation capabilities to meet contingency requirements. If the fleet is to remain a viable asset, capable of providing shipping capacity in a timely manner, then some upgrading is imperative.
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Fleet management; Shipping; Transportation policy
- Uncontrolled Terms: Reserve fleet
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: National shipping policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00147547
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: U.S. General Accounting Office
- Report/Paper Numbers: LCD-76-226
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1977 12:00AM